At Villa Blanck Quilts
Quilts are a unique gift that make friends and families feel very special, giving comfort today and becoming the heirlooms of tomorrow.
Each quilt is made to order at Villa Blanck Quilt studio in Bli Bli on the Sunshine Coast, Queensland.
Individually made with high attention to detail and a quality that comes with over 30 years of quilting experience.
Buy Local with Australian-Made Quilts
Since the medieval ages, quilts were used as a form of insulation against the cold and were often made from scraps of used clothing, during the 18th century, decorative pieces were added to these and have since become a popular choice of warmth and style. Quilts keep you warm and comfortable while you’re outdoors camping or indoors watching a movie while curled up on the couch. When you buy Australian-made quilts, you’re not only supporting a local business but also purchasing a product made for the country’s weather, so you can rest assured that you’ll be kept warm and cosy during the cold winter months.
With the many different types of quilts available, you can choose one that is lightweight and can replace your duvet during the summer months. At Villa Blanck Quilts, I have a variety of ready-made quilts available for you to choose from. You can also choose to learn how to make your own quilt; I offer quilting and sewing classes for you to take advantage of and make a quilt that is unique to your home’s decor.
Benefits of Personalised Quilts
Personalised quilts make great gifts for family and friends should someone you know is having a baby; you can surprise them with a specially designed quilt made for their impending bundle of love. Unique quilts are often given as gifts or can be requested to match your home, making it one of a kind. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy when ordering a personalised quilt:
- Thoughtful gesture. Receiving a gift that has been designed and made to specifically suit your tastes is always a welcome surprise for anyone. Having a quilt made with the recipient’s name or favourite animals or flowers on it is something they’ll treasure forever.
- Get creative. One of the great benefits of having a personalised quilt made is that you can get as creative as you want, choosing the colours, designs, and even the materials they use.
- Keepsake. Over the years, many people have come to cherish their gifted quilts and may even pass them down from generation to generation, making your gift a long-lasting one.
Tips for Buying an Australian-Made Quilt Cover
Studies have shown that the quilt covers made in Australia that you may use may affect the peacefulness of your sleep if you aren’t using the correct type. Quilt covers that are too itchy or too large can affect your sleeping patterns; however, this can be rectified by purchasing the correct type of covers. Here are some tips for you to keep in mind when you’re shopping for your new quilt:
- Material quality. The type of material used to make the quilts can have a huge impact on your comfort levels. For maximum comfort, choose a quilt made from a soft fabric that breathes and won’t irritate your skin.
- Check out the designs. When you’re looking for a quilt to match a specific room in your home, you need to inspect the designs carefully to ensure they’ll match your decor.
- When will you use them? Knowing which season you’ll be using your quilt will influence the type of quilt you purchase. During the winter months, you’ll want a heavier quilt, while you want something made from lightweight material in summer.
About Villa Blanck Quilts
For more than 20 years, I have had the pleasure of making all types of quilts, from sports quilts to Australian wildlife quilts. What started as a hobby I have turned into my business where I can spend my time doing what I love and creating beautiful quilts for those in the country.
Contact me for more information about the choice of quilts I offer.